Tuesday, November 29, 2016

We are...

...very behind in introducing ourselves!  It's been a busy beginning of the year here, but things are settling into a routine.  So, here is a little bit about ourselves.  First, we are a second grade class in Oklahoma.  We are pretty much right in the middle of the state and near one of our major cities, Oklahoma City.  The kids were really excited to see that Ms. Simmonds was our athlete because they see the rowers out on the river all the time!

I'll start by introducing myself.  My name is Christine Paradise, and this is my twelfth year teaching.  I've taught 5th, 4th, 3rd and 2nd grades.  Currently I'm teaching 2nd grade as well as STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) Club.

Here is a quick video to show you what our class looks like.



To introduce themselves, I asked my kids to create a piece of art using one word that best describes them.  It was a great way for me to get to know them a bit, and it turned out to be very interesting.  A few weeks later, I can say they are pretty accurate as well! I'm looking forward to seeing what they choose at the end of the year.



Our final activity was to create a poem to describe our class.  We've been reading some poems about athletes, so this format was based on one of those:

Miss P.'s Class

Family
Teamwork
Never give up
Super intelligent, fantastically smart
Happy, funny, silly, sarcastic, awesome
Nice, kind, respectful, responsible, careful, proactive

No comments:

Post a Comment