Tuesday, February 7, 2017


Another crazy busy month in 5th grade!   We learned a lot of perseverance and people who had persevered through difficult times.   My students were so excited to look at the famous people that they know and learn that they had had challenges and difficult times to overcome.  It made perseverance “real” to the students.  As we were learning about different celebrities and athletes, the students kept coming up to me saying… “Did you know??”   A5884C4B-C443-4EF3-B0E2-AD05A51AC083.JPG



After we learned about other who had persevered we started looking at ways that we do, as students, athletes, and community members.   Each students made a slideshow stating “what perseverance means to me,  a time when I showed perseverance and  someone else I know that persevered.   We then did a gallery walk to see each others slideshows.


During the month I also awarded several students with  “Got Grit” bracelets, students who showed strong “Grit” and perseverance.   This really Motivated other students to work hard, they wanted those bracelets.   I knew that this month's’ lessons were effective when one of my struggling students, made himself a poster with this quote…  and said he was taking it home to hang on his wall.
IMG_2813.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment