Monday, February 27, 2017

Friendship

 This month we focused on friendship. It was a lot of fun to help my students get to know each other better. We started the month by watching Lex's video. He discussed the power of friendship and my students agreed that friendships can help us get through hard times.

In the video, Lex challenged my students to get to know people better. In order to build our classroom community, I set up 'interviews' between pairs of my students. They asked each other three questions:

1. If you could have lunch with any famous person who would it be and why?
2. What do you like to do outside of school?
3. What is your favorite school subject and why?

Students were paired with someone in the class they didn't know very well. They started by asking each other the interview questions. After they discussed the interview questions students continued to get to know each other by asking their own questions. Students learned that they had a lot in common, even if they didn't usually talk or play together. It was a great class building exercise and I hope students made some new friends!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment