Saturday, October 29, 2016

Grade 8 is "Kicking it up a Notch"

@MMClassChamps are "Kicking it up a Notch"

    

     Football season is officially over and as always, I am sad to see it end. However, like many aspects of life sometimes doing a "thumb switch" helps us to look at the other side. I now have time to focus on +Classroom Champions and helping to empower my students.


     As some of you may now, I have started reflecting not only on how Classroom Champions has impacted my students, but also helping to make the connection between my choices and decision and how Classroom Champions relates to this. I have spent the past few hours recording my thoughts in my personal blog @MMClassChamps and invite you to see how Goal Setting has impacted my students throughout this months topic of goal setting, as well as how it has impacted my own personal journey as a Classroom Champion educator: Goal Setting is Only the First Step

This Month's Lesson: Goal Setting


     After watching our monthly lesson video, we discussed the importance of taking the same lesson that we have learned about goal setting in the past and actually applying it to better ourselves academically. Instead of setting general goals based on the individual passions, I wanted my students to actually take the goal setting process and apply it to their schooling. Some students were able to do this last year, however, many of them set goals based on a skill they wanted to get better at. For this school year, I established a clear criteria of how we were going to set goals that would help my students reach this new point of maturity.

Lesson Plan


The Finished Product










No comments:

Post a Comment